We're in the home stretch... just 10 more days of school (not counting today because I'm already here!).  That's awesome, but it just reminds me of how much work I have to do in the next week or so.  

1.  Get exams ready.  I think Precalc's just about good (I worked on it last night), but I definitely need to re-do my Algebra 2 exam. Our new book this year has followed pretty closely with last year's, but I know there are some changes that need to be made. The Integrated Geo exam will probably stay pretty close to what it is now; I'm not teaching the class next year (heck, it won't even exist using the same curriculum!) so I hate to spend a bunch of time on something that can't be used again.  (Is that bad?)

2.  Get exam reviews ready.  Precalc's good - I actually need to go ahead and get copies made for the seniors that have to take it (4 of them this year!).  I'm trying to decide how I want to do Algebra 2... break it down into topics and they get to choose which topics to do? Give them book problems to do?  Haven't decided yet.  Integrated Geo's done - I just played with last year's.

3.  Get the rest of my act together. We still have several days of regular class before I let them just work on reviews.  My Algebra 2 notes are done, but I need to get a couple of review sheets and a quiz done.  I'd like to do a little lab with Precalc on Friday using CBRs and bouncy balls, but I need to make sure the packets are ready for them (and I need to buy some bouncy balls!  We've used tennis balls in the past but they don't bounce well.).  Then they still have a quiz next week, too.  I have one more section of notes to get done for Integrated.... unless I decide to give them some extra time to work on their exam reviews.

There's just not enough time in the day!

I saw a post on Math Teacher Mambo the other day (I love that blog!  Get excited when I see it listen in my Google Reader.) where she posted a "Get Ready for Exams" worksheeet.  I totally stole it and adapted it for my class (but isn't that why we post stuff?).  Here's my version:
2nd Semester Algebra 2 Topics



Comments