Polynomial Hand Turkeys

One of my students asked last week if we could just make hand turkeys in class tomorrow (our last day before Thanksgiving break). And first I was just like, "No."

But then I thought about it.
1. We have Grandparent's Day in the morning (students are pulled out of class) and a Student/Faculty basketball game during our last class.
2. We had a quiz today.
3. It's the day before a long break.

So hand turkeys it is!

But of course I'm going to make them do some math, too.  Here's what I came up with:

I created a table of 24 different sets of polynomials for the kids to use.  They're all cubics and linears, very similar but with some different signs and coefficients.


So hopefully this will be a fun little activity that will get the kids working, coloring, and enjoying the last day before a much-needed break. 


Comments