Here I go...
1. It's minor,but I made a new warm up sheet. I only put 3 spots on a page to force myself to either do something online, on white boards, or as a class the other 2 days a week.
2. I fixed up the Parent Functions foldable that I spent hours on last summer. Literally. I think it's better now. But I have to figure out how to send it to the school copy center so that it prints as a booklet exactly as I would like it.
3. I found some of the plastic picture frame thingies at the Dollar Store and bought 7; one for each of my tables. So tonight I made new table number labels and also a sheet of "Instead of 'I don't know'" questions for the back.
4. I downloaded all of Sara VanDerWerf's Math Wall of Shame files that she so generously shared; this is what I'm going to start with on my bulletin board. At least half of it. I actually got this board recovered this past spring before school was out and was horrified to see it this week with a piece of border missing. Our floors were worked on over the summer and I'm thinking that the piece fell off and was thrown away. And I don't have enough to fill it in! I just ordered new border from Oriental Trading Company today to redo it. (Our colors are orange and black and I wanted to keep with that theme.)
But isn't it appropriate that it was on the "#MathFail" part of the board?!
Things I Still Want to do:
1. Figure out how I want to create a self-paced module to have my Math 3 kids work through linear functions. If they need to. I refuse to teach it again.
2. Get a grip on my Matrix unit that I'll be starting Precalc with. I haven't done it for a while.
3. My plan was to put together a little tutorial for the TI8* and what I would like the kids to know how to do, but my TI SmartView software is having issues. Hopefully that'll get fixed in the next week so I have time to do that before school starts!
4. I'm presenting something at a building tech day next week. Probably should figure out exactly what that is. Hmm.
5. Figure out my first day of school plans. I detest the first day of school. I'm nervous, I'm hot, I don't know the kids. Can we just skip it and go straight to day 2?