Blah.

I'm in a funk.

I miss math, I miss teaching, I miss feeling like I'm contributing to a school.  I was hopeful that a teaching position would open up and I could slide right back in but it doesn't look like that's going to happen.

My last couple of weeks have consisted of subbing (the lack of subs right now is crazy), running calculators around the building for our second round of PARCC testing, selling Prom tickets, and organizing the After Prom ticket data. Not too fulfilling.

I need it to be summer so that I can start thinking about other things. But I got a summons in the mail last week to report for jury duty in June (yes, the whole month). That's not going to make me happy. I'd actually like to see what the whole court process is like, but not during summer! Especially considering I'd have to pay for a babysitter for my kids and that wouldn't be cheap. I'm supposed to call in the Friday before each week to see if I'm on the list to report. Fingers crossed that it won't happen.


Comments