Planning

Now that my possible jobs have been decided against, I'm in the place where I'm thinking about next year's classes.  I have a few options:

1.  I was offered the chance to teach all 4 of next year's precalc classes.  While it would make my day pretty much awesome, I don't know that I could keep up with the grading.  Any time I assigned a test/quiz/project I'd be facing a stack of 112-ish assignments. Ick.  And honestly, by the time I get to my 3rd precalc class of the day I'm a little tired of it.  Maybe 4 isn't a good choice.

2.  If I take 3 of the precalc classes, then I was offered 2 of our new CCSS Math 1 courses. The good thing is that I would then only have 2 preps and (hopefully) have time to get stuff together for this new course. The bad thing is that I would have 2 classes of CP freshmen in a brand new course.  My department head said that she'd basically like me to take a lead role in designing the new course as I'm the most progressive out of the three of us who would be possibly teaching it.

3.  I could teach other assorted classes. I'll keep the precalcs for sure (it's like my "thing") but anything else could happen too. When asked what I would like to teach, I said Algebra 2 or our Trig w/Functions (although that would be a new prep for me and I don't want a new prep on top of a Math 1 course) but would basically take anything except for Geometry (yuck).

Anyway, we'll see what happens. For now, it's the last day of school before spring break.  Ahhhh...

Comments