It's #Made4Math Monday!


Around 10:00 on Sunday night I started thinking about what I could do for this week's #Made4Math Monday. I know, I know - what's the hurry?

I did some searching on Pinterest, which led me to a blog where they showed making magazine holders out of cereal boxes. We certainly have plenty of cereal boxes around here (although they all have cereal in them!) and I have a large stack of composition notebooks on my dining room table that will need a home in my classroom. That sealed the deal for me.

I had to empty one of the kids' cereal boxes (No, I did not eat it - this stuff is nasty! Just put the bag in the cupboard where it will either go stale or get eaten by one of our dogs.)

Then I did a little measuring. The site I'd seen said to keep the box at least 5" high in the front and out at least 3" at the top.  I cut some of the height from the box because the composition notebooks are kinda small.

I ended up using some scrapbook paper that I'd bought this summer for projects such as this! I picked out a few pages that have the same color but different pattern so all of my boxes will color coordinate. (I'll need to empty some more cereal boxes for that! But I have time.)

To attach the scrapbook paper on the box, I used a little glue gun that I have. It looks like there's something called mod podge which would work well, too. I sealed the edges with some clear tape.  I'm so not a crafter, but I think this turned out pretty cute!

Comments

  1. accidental post! yeah. right. love the argyle- its from that cute stack of paper you tweeted a couple of weeks ago! I can do this! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!! I used Modge Podge for the first time today - the things you learn for #Made4Math!!! These would work really well as a way to organize my dry erase boards :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great! I'm inspired! I have to come up with something for next Monday....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is a great idea. I will have to make some for my classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how this turned out! Now I just need to eat more cereal :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This turned out great! You have more skills than you think, chickadee! I may have to try this out next week.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment