Getting down to business...

It was rainy this morning, so the kids and I stayed home to hang out (instead of our planned trip to the pool). What better time to get some work done?!  The kids were amazingly good and have played together nicely ... while making a mess of the house, of course!  But beggars can't be choosers!

Anyway, I've been trying to finalize what I'd like to do in Algebra 2.  I'm going to go with the re-quiz option for them (if they sign up and do some review work beforehand).  Now I'm going to have to go through my quizzes and tests and make sure that all of the learning topics are addressed, which is a great check for me!  Am I really assessing what I want to?

Last year I put together a list of topics and assignments for each section in each chapter, so all I had to do was tweak it a little bit to fit my needs.  Here's the Chapter 1 sheet:

Alg 2 Ch 1 Assignments

After trying to figure out how to format quizzes, this is what I came up with.

Quiz 1

Now I just need to decide if I quiz over the last half of the chapter, too, in addition to a chapter test.  I wasn't planning on letting them redo tests... but if I don't just quiz the last half then they won't get that chance.  Maybe just let them reassess the topics that hadn't been quizzes yet?

So much to think about.

Ideas and opinions welcome!

Comments