Senioritis

I think I get senioritis about this time every year.  Is there a cure?

I wrote two e-mails today to parents of seniors in my Honors Precalculus class who are not doing well.  (And when I say not doing well, I mean not doing well.)  Attendance is an issue.  Completing assignments is an issue. I hate to get the parents involved because they're seniors, but I want to make sure the parents know that I know.  And who knows if they know?

It's a good thing they don't need this class to graduate.  But next year in college I don't think their professor will be calling/e-mailing mom and dad because they're failing a class.

I must remember these are still high school kids.  Even though they should know better.

And now I'm off to call the mom of a freshman boy who just can't keep his mouth shut.  (And my tolerance is high.)  I'd take juniors any day.

Comments