I'm exhausted.

My schedule changed this year so that I have to arrive at school for our starting time of 7:20 instead of a late arrival at 8:00.  What a major difference that hour makes (because I'm trying to be here by 7)!! I'm hoping that my body will adjust, but wow.  Painful.  And the 90+ degree heat (in my room) doesn't help either...

Anyway, we had our first foray into the world of trashketball yesterday.  It's really a nice way to review but do it in a fun way - at least most of the kids seem to enjoy it!  Last year I just arranged the kids into teams by having them choose a slip of paper with A - F on them and that was their team name.  Yesterday, though, I let them arrange themselves and pick their own team name.  They seemed to have a lot of fun with it, as you can see by the picture.  I will go back to randomly assigning groups, but the name thing was fun. :)

Of course, there were a few kids who didn't want to play, but that goes with the territory.  Those are probably the kids who won't like anything fun and would rather just sit by themselves and work on a worksheet or bookwork.  Whatever.

Quizzes today - nice and relaxing for me until I have to grade.  But sitting by my fan will totally make that worth it.

My plan is to use the CBR's in precalc on Friday to discuss piecewise functions.  I did it last year and the kids said it helped them to write/graph them - seems to be a topic that for whatever reason they struggle with. 

Open House tomorrow night... seriously the worst night of the year.  Well, ok, maybe not the worst, but it definitely makes for a super-long day!  And in this heat it's not going to be pleasant.  Last year I made a presentation for the parents... guess I'll have to see if I can find it and spice it up a little bit.

Comments