Yesterday was a weird day for me.  Three pretty major things happened (in terms of my school life, anyway).

1.  At the end of 2nd period, I received a tweet from our tech coordinator-person saying that my tablet had been found.  Hallelujah!  Turns out that it was sent back to the school in mid-February (yes, 2 months ago) and then disappeared.  It was found yesterday sitting in the tech office at the other high school in the district.  We have a new company this year taking care of our tech, and things have not been off to a good start.  Just the communication is crazy!  There are multiple techs in and out and I'm not sure that the right hand knows what the left hand is doing.  Anyway, I was told that I should get it back today or tomorrow after they reimage it.  You can believe that I'll be down in that office tomorrow afternoon looking for it if it's not in my possession by then!

2.  Near the end of the day, I received an e-mail from our department head with the plan for teaching classes next year.  I currently teach a general-level sophomore class (along with Honors Precalculus and Algebra 2) that will morph into general-level geometry next year.  I'm not a big fan of geometry (to say the least) and had asked for the general-level juniors instead.  So yesterday was a bit of a shock to see our general Algebra 1 class listed instead.  Whew.  My second to least favorite class (after geometry) is freshmen.  I think the last time I taught general-type freshmen was my first year of teaching (ages and ages ago), and it's left a bad taste in my mouth.  I just need to remember that this will actually be Algebra (as opposed to general math) and there are only going to be 12 kids int he class.

3.  As I was sitting in the media center after school yesterday (doing my math tutoring duty), I received an e-mail with a proposed change to our daily schedule.  The transportation department would like to re-organize the schedules to save money on buses - pretty legit, right?  Our school day would go from 7:35 - 2:30 (instead of 7:20 - 2:15).  Not a big change, but I currently stay after school until 3:30 for the tutoring and it seems that this would change to 3:45.  My kids will be getting off the bus sometime between 3:50 and 4:00 (and I live 20 minutes away), so this just isn't going to work out for me!  Looks like I'd be going back to the "normal" schedule.... which includes being here by 7:20 or so and taking a homeroom.  Ouch.  (But, to be done by 3:00 would be nice, too!)

Crazy day.  (And notice that none of this was actually related to the students!)

Comments